Ealing and Hounslow CVS is currently recruiting for a Volunteering and Community Development Manager.
Application deadline: 23.59 15 April 2021
Salary: £33,000 inclusive of OLW Allowance FTE (Pro Rata 21 hours per week)
PURPOSE OF THE POST
The role will report direct to the Chief Executive Officer and manage the delivery of volunteering services
in Ealing and Hounslow. Additional to the core delivery of contracts and grants, the role will also be
responsible for the management oversight of West Ealing CML and home library services. The role
aims will be to support local Ealing and Hounslow organisations and communities with volunteering and
youth social action initiatives. The post will also come with the responsibility of successful mobilisation
of library services and will require close management of a staff team to achieve KPI’s and service
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with Ealing and Hounslow councils, communities, project partners and volunteers
to deliver a professional, high-quality Volunteering service for both Ealing and Hounslow
• Create a new Volunteering Communications and Marketing Plan to include working with local
media and social media platforms.
• Develop Social Action activities throughout both boroughs including crowd-funding
• Create micro/digital/flexible volunteering opportunities including “one-off” engagement
• Develop and manage West Ealing Community Managed Library to build a positive and
successful new environment in which community involvement and volunteering is paramount.
• Promote and create a wide range of volunteering opportunities within the Library, recruit, train
and support new volunteers and create a positive working environment where volunteering is
purposeful, rewarding and valued.
• To oversee and manage a high-quality volunteer recruitment and brokerage service in Ealing
and Hounslow and develop new volunteering opportunities among VCS groups, public sector
organisations and local businesses including creating corporate volunteering opportunities.
Identify new opportunities to ensure that local residents from hard-to-reach communities or
isolated areas of both boroughs have access to volunteering opportunities.
• To establish an ongoing programme of public engagement activities including marketing and
promoting volunteering to local residents, VCS groups and businesses; publicise the Library’s
services and events.
• To manage a programme of workshops, training events and forums including Introduction to
Volunteering forums at venues throughout both boroughs including at the Library.
• To manage supported volunteering programmes for those with physical and mental health
conditions and provide more intensive support including delivering 1:1 brokerage appointments
with trained volunteer coordinators.
• To manage the production of a bi-monthly volunteering e-news for both Ealing and Hounslow
boroughs and the library for VCS groups to share ideas and best practice and raise the profile
of volunteering by producing other regular free publications and also ensure that the website is
current and regularly updated.
• To establish quarterly local volunteer forums throughout the borough, comprised of local
volunteers, reps from local VCS groups and corporate volunteers and create the opportunity to
participate in local decision-making processes
• Ensure the provision of advice to VCS groups to embed consistent policies and procedures and
practices, including fair and effective safeguarding and recruitment procedures within their
• To manage and coordinate regular events to promote volunteering (including volunteer award
ceremonies and the celebration of local “volunteer heroes”).
• To identify funding opportunities and prepare applications to local and regional funding bodies.
• To produce professional and timely monitoring and evaluation reports relating to all volunteering
programmes including budgetary reports.
• To recruit and supervise a regular team of volunteers to assist in the work of Ealing and
Hounslow in-house volunteering services and all other Ealing and Hounslow CVS services.
• To provide supervision and ongoing support to individual volunteers, maintaining a
comprehensive volunteer training programme at West Ealing library and develop successful
strategies for the retention of existing volunteers. Implement effective volunteer management
systems and ensure accurate and auditable volunteer records are maintained
• Ensure that volunteer rotas are well managed so that the Library has a sufficient workforce,
coordinating day to day volunteer activity and dealing with any operational matters.
• Organise and service meetings of the Library Steering Group to build effective working
relationships with members and support them to organise a varied programme of social, cultural
and recreational activities tailored to meet the needs of the local community.
• Work closely with the LB Ealing Library Service to ensure that West Ealing Community Library
maintains the required standard of library resource. Ensure that operational and administrative
procedures are in place to run the library efficiently and in line with agreed standards, including
unlocking and locking the building, and liaising with partners, Take due care of your own health
and safety and that of others in the working environment.
• Work in partnership with a range of service providers, facilitate joint working and promote the
Library as a venue for delivering their services, activities and events. Ensure that the Library
addresses the needs of communities that are culturally, economically, or socially
• Ensure that the Library’s visibility is established and maintained, and that all of its marketing
materials, such as websites, hard copy materials and social media are kept up to date.
Marketing and promoting projects and new initiatives as they develop.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required and are within the scope, spirit and
purpose of the job.
• To ensure that Equal Opportunities and all other EHCVS organisational policies are actively
implemented and adhered to in all areas of your work.
• To work with EHCVS staff and volunteers towards the effective achievement of the
• To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction and to provide
information and support for all volunteers working for EHCVS
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
• The Volunteering and Community Development Manager will report to Ealing and Hounslow
CVS Chief Executive. The postholder will be expected to participate in monthly line
management supervision sessions. The postholder will be based at West Ealing library but will
work regularly throughout Ealing and Hounslow.
• To work with colleagues to review and routinely maintain records on the organisation website
• To represent the organisation at network meetings throughout London as required.
• Work within all of Ealing CVS policies
• Work efficiently within administration and communication protocols to ensure that
organisational systems and procedures are implemented.
• Undertake other tasks from time to time as appropriate and required by management in line
with the goals of the organisation.
• Support Ealing and Hounslow CVS’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The postholder will be employed for 21 hours per week. The post is offered at a salary £33,000 FTE
The postholder will be entitled to 25 days annual leave pro rata in addition to bank holidays. A flexible
hour’s scheme will operate (subject to the demands of the service) and the postholder will be expected
to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Time off in lieu of additional hours will be offered
for any additional hours worked.
The post is subject to a three-month probationary period. EHCVS offers staff access to a stakeholder
pension scheme with up to 3% matching employer contribution following successful completion of the probationary period.
For the Job Description click here Volunteering and Community Development Manager 02.03.2021
For the Application Form click here Job Application Form- Confidential
For the Equal Opps form click here equal_opps_form_2016_05_11_02_52_21_pm
For our Equality Statement click here EHVS_Equality_and_Diversity_Statement_1