Ealing and Hounslow Community Voluntary Service is a registered local charity that has been supporting the voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups in Ealing for over 30 years and Hounslow groups since 2012. We incorporate Ealing and Hounslow Volunteer Centres and run a wide variety of projects including community and volunteering development and provision of training to local voluntary groups.
PayScale: £30,741 (inclusive of OLW Allowance) for 35 hours per week.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
The role will be to operate in Hounslow to support capacity building services; The project aims to support local Hounslow organisations and communities to adapt, evolve and continue to deliver very much needed services. The project will specifically focus on the role of technology and digital enablement and providing infrastructure support to groups in line with KPI and service targets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate the development and revision of the service plan
· Act as the first point of contact for the project through face to face, telephone and email queries
· Develop and implement working policies and protocols for the service
· Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms and templates
· Train group reps as Digital Champions
· Work with groups to improve their service delivery by increasing their digital capacity
· Undertake IT and digital capacity of VCSE groups which will be measured at the start and the end of the project via a full digital audit.
· Provide comprehensive, customised reports designed to measure how organisations can leverage digital to effectively meet their strategic goals.
· Collate and analyse monitoring and evaluation data, assist in regular evaluation of the project
· Prepare, present and lead training and online workshops
· Supply information for funder monitoring reports
· Generate publicity material, including designing and uploading content to the ECVS website and other relevant publications
· Assist in producing briefings, information, and web material.
· Assist in producing monitoring and evaluation information
· Assist in developing and organising events
· Represent Ealing & Hounslow CVS at meetings and events relevant to your project.
· Undertake other related project duties as may be required
· To ensure that Equal Opportunities and all other EHCVS organisational policies are actively implemented and adhered to in all areas of your work.
· To work with EHCVS staff and volunteers towards the effective achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
· To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction and to provide information and support for all volunteers working for EHCVS
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
The postholder will be employed by Ealing & Hounslow CVS and supervised and managed by the Projects Manager. The postholder will participate in monthly supervision with their line manager as well as a weekly team meeting and organisation-wide staff meetings. An individual induction and training plan will be agreed on.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The postholder will be employed for 35 hours per week. The post is offered at a salary £30,741
The postholder will be entitled to 25 days annual leave pro rata in addition to bank holidays. A flexible hours scheme will operate (subject to the demands of the service) and the postholder will be expected to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Time off in lieu of additional hours will be offered for any additional hours worked.
The postholder will be employed on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
The post is subject to a three-month probationary period. EHCVS offers staff access to a stakeholder pension scheme with up to 3% matching employer contribution following successful completion of the probationary period.
Experience Demonstrable experience of working in the voluntary sector, preferably in the area of capacity building or technology Experience of working in a CVS or infrastructure support organisation
Demonstrable planning, coordination and project management skills including monitoring and evaluation. Project management experience
Proven experience of project delivery with a diverse range of groups and people.
Some experience in providing mentoring and coaching support to organisations
Skills Fluent written and spoken English
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Competence in using digital and social media tools
Excellent analytical and numerical skills Evidence of running online session.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: 17.00 (GMT), Friday 22 January 2021
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 25 January 2021 (please note that due to COVID-19, all interviews for this position will be carried out online unless otherwise advised)
To apply, please email completed application form and a supporting statement no longer than 1000 words) explaining why you want the role and how you meet the specification to email@example.com
Please also include two professional references. References will only be contacted if an offer has been made
We can only give feedback to candidates who are shortlisted
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom (UK) and provide information regarding the basis of their right to work in the UK with their application
For the Job Description click Digital Capacity Building Support Officer
For the Application Form click here Ealing and Hounslow CVS_Application (1)
For the Equal Opps form click here equal_opps_form_2016_05_11_02_52_21_pm
For our Equality Statement click here EHVS_Equality_and_Diversity_Statement_1