Ealing and Hounslow CVS is currently recruiting for a Funding and Group Development Officer.
Ealing and Hounslow Community Voluntary Service (EHCVS) is a registered local charity that has been
supporting the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) groups in Ealing for over 40 years and
Hounslow groups since 2012. We incorporate Ealing and Hounslow Volunteer Centres and run a wide
variety of projects including community and volunteering development and provision of training to local
Salary: £26,000 inclusive of OLW Allowance FTE (Pro Rata 28 hours per week)
Deadline: 5pm 29th March 2021
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Funding and Group Development Support
• To provide a frontline service in Ealing to local VCSE organisations giving fundraising advice
and support in drafting funding bids.
• To provide advice on group development, capacity building, model policies and charity
• To arrange and support fundraising workshops with major regional and national funders.
• Together with other EHCVS colleagues to deliver training sessions around funding bids and
group development sessions.
• Together with other EHCVS colleagues to maintain and update a bank of model policy
documents that Ealing VCSE can adapt and use.
• To signpost VCSE groups to other specialist support services as appropriate.
• To work with EHCVS colleagues to develop collaboration and consortia between Ealing VCSE
organisations and with other partners.
• To keep abreast of new national and local funding programmes.
• To collate monitoring information on funding and group development services as part of wider
EHCVS monitoring reports.
• Run and chair the EHCVS Ealing Networks (Forum) meeting and participate in organisation
wide activity including running a Youth Network.
• Maintain and update the organisations database and workflow tracking,
External Funding Support
• Together with the Chief Executive and Ealing Council, to maintain and update the Ealing
External Funding Action Plan.
• To develop new joint external funding bid by the Council and voluntary sector- based on an
agreed forward work plan of priority bid areas.
• To support the Chief Executive and Ealing Council in six-month progress reports on the Ealing
External Funding Action Plan to the VCS Panel and annual reports to Ealing LSP.
• Together with the Chief Executive and Skills and Partnerships Manager work with local VCSE
groups and other public sector partners (such as NHS bodies, the Police or local Colleges) to
put together new joint external funding bids.
• To design and send the Ealing e-news, bulletins, and social media communications to VCSE
groups and public sector partners to keep them informed about new funding opportunities.
• To maintain and update the funding and group development sections on the EHCVS website.
• To take part in appropriate local forums, meeting, and events to promote funding and group
• To ensure that Equal Opportunities and all other EHCVS organisational policies are actively
implemented and adhered to in all areas of your work.
• To work with EHCVS staff and volunteers towards the effective achievement of the
• To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction and to provide
information and support for all volunteers working for EHCVS.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
• The post holder will be line managed by the Development Services Manager. The post holder
will be required to participate in regular supervisions with their Line Manager. The postholder
will be based at West Ealing library but will work regularly throughout Ealing, Hounslow and
• To work with colleagues to review and routinely maintain records on the organisation website
• To represent the organisation at network meetings throughout London as required.
• Work within all of EHCVS policies.
• Work efficiently within administration and communication protocols to ensure that
organisational systems and procedures are implemented.
• Undertake other tasks from time to time as appropriate and required by management in line
with the goals of the organisation.
• Support EHCV’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
• To maintain full and up to date client files, including case studies, as well as routinely
maintaining records on the EHCVS (with training if needed).
• To undertake other related duties as agreed with the Development Services Manager.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The postholder will be employed for 28 hours per week. The post is offered at a salary £26,000 FTE
p.a. (£20,800 pro-rata)
The postholder will be entitled to 25 days annual leave pro rata in addition to bank holidays. A flexible
hour’s scheme will operate (subject to the demands of the service) and the postholder will be expected
to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Time off in lieu of additional hours will be offered
for any additional hours worked.
The post is subject to a three-month probationary period. EHCVS offers staff access to a stakeholder
pension scheme with up to 3% matching employer contribution following successful completion of the
• Experience of writing or supporting successful funding bids.
• Experience of working in partnership with the statutory sector (e.g., local authorities) and VCSE
• Experience of providing group development and funding advice to VCSE organisations.
• Awareness of the particular support needs of small VCSE groups.
• Experience of working with diverse communities.
• Good casework and project management skills.
• Experience of maintenance of monitoring data and production of monitoring reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good IT skills including using databases and Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, Power
Point and Outlook (if needed training can be provided).
• Ability to manage workloads and competing demands.
For the Job Description click here Funding and Group Development Officer Final (1)
For the Application Form click here Job Application Form- Confidential
For the Equal Opps form click here equal_opps_form_2016_05_11_02_52_21_pm
For our Equality Statement click here EHVS_Equality_and_Diversity_Statement_1