Ealing and Hounslow Community Voluntary Service is a registered local charity that has been supporting the voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups in Ealing for over 30 years and Hounslow groups since 2012. We incorporate Ealing and Hounslow Volunteer Centres and run a wide variety of projects including community and volunteering development and provision of training to local voluntary groups.
Pay scale: £16,250 (inclusive of OLW Allowance) for 17.5 hours per week.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
The post will coordinate the Help Through Crisis and Advice Hub Services across a voluntary sector partnership in Ealing.
The National Lottery Community Fund has awarded funds for Help Through Crisis Ealing – Advice & Rescue Hub. The project is led by Ealing and Hounslow Community and Voluntary Service (EHCVS) and works in partnership with other voluntary organisations to provide advice, guidance and resilience to people facing hardship.
The project aims to identify those in housing and/or food crisis who have had unresolved issues over a prolonged period and provide support for them to overcome the immediate crisis and work towards longer-term stability. Longer-term support will be provided through peer mentoring and coaching.
We are now recruiting a coordinator who will develop and implement project plans and mobile the Advice and Rescue Hub at the West Ealing Community Managed Library beginning in January 2020.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the development and revision of the service plan
- Act as the first point of contact for the project through face to face, telephone and email queries
- Develop and implement working policies and protocols for the service
- Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms and templates
- Generate publicity material, including designing and uploading content to the ECVS website and other relevant publications
- Represent the Help Through Crisis project at relevant forums and meetings across the borough and a London/National level
- Manage Crisis Navigator posts with partner agencies
- Coordinate and assist in the training of Crisis Navigator posts
- Collate and analyse monitoring and evaluation data from all project streams providing regular updates to Operations Group on activity level
- Supply information for funder monitoring reports
- Assist in regular evaluation of the project
- Arrange and support Operations and Steering Group meetings including progress reports, papers, agendas and minutes
- Complete financial processes including procuring project products and services and processing and requesting invoices
- Be an active member of the EHCVS team through support tasks such as cover and meeting attendance
- Assist in producing briefings, information, and web material.
- Assist in producing monitoring and evaluation information
- Assist in developing and organising events
- Represent Ealing & Hounslow CVS at meetings and events relevant to your project.
- Undertake other related project duties as may be required
- To ensure that Equal Opportunities and all other EHCVS organisational policies are actively implemented and adhered to in all areas of your work.
- To work with EHCVS staff and volunteers towards the effective achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
- To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction and to provide information and support for all volunteers working for EHCVS
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
The postholder will be employed by Ealing & Hounslow CVS and supervised and managed by the Projects Manager. The postholder will participate in monthly supervision with their line manager as well as a weekly team meeting and organisation-wide staff meetings. An individual induction and training plan will be agreed on.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The postholder will be employed for 17.5 hours per week. The post is offered at a salary £32,500 FTE p.a. (£16,250 pro-rata).
The postholder will be entitled to 25 days annual leave pro rata in addition to bank holidays. A flexible hour’s scheme will operate (subject to the demands of the service) and the postholder will be expected to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Time off in lieu of additional hours will be offered for any additional hours worked.
The postholder will be employed on a 3-year fixed-term contract.
The post is subject to a six-month probationary period. EHCVS offers staff access to a stakeholder pension scheme with up to 3% matching employer contribution following successful completion of the probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: 17.00 (GMT), Friday 22 January 2021
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 25 January 2021 (please note that due to COVID-19, all interviews for this position will be carried out online unless otherwise advised)
To apply, please email completed application form and a supporting statement (no longer than 1000 words) explaining why you want the role and how you meet the specification
Please also include two professional references. References will only be contacted if an offer has been made
We can only give feedback to candidates who are shortlisted
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom (UK) and provide information regarding the basis of their right to work in the UK with their application
For the Job Description click htc_project_officerv1_2020_12_24_12_32_32_pm
For the Application Form click here Ealing and Hounslow CVS_Application (1)
For the Equal Opps form click here equal_opps_form_2016_05_11_02_52_21_pm
For our Equality Statement click here EHVS_Equality_and_Diversity_Statement_1