The Young Londoners Research and Engagement Programme will provide grants and support for groups of young researchers, their youth or support workers and their youth organisations to investigate and trial innovative youth-led approaches to the question: How can we help young people in need of support who don’t access mentoring, personalised support or youth activities to take up London’s youth offer?
The Greater London Authority is now looking for an organisation/s to manage this new programme. We are looking for organisations with proven expertise in supporting young people to undertake research / social action projects, experience of grant-giving and the capacity to work pan-London.
Deliver a grant-giving, training and support programme that enables small groups of young people, supported by a youth worker and youth organisation, to:
- investigate how we can help young people in need of support who don’t access mentoring, personalised support or youth activities to take up London’s youth offer and
- develop and trial innovative youth-led approaches to tackling this issue.
The programme should use a participatory learning and action approach, providing the guidance and tools young people need to carry out Participatory Action Research projects. Young researchers will be Londoners aged 14-25 from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
The programme will support the young researchers to take action within their community, for example by:
- identifying young people in need that could benefit from youth activities and are not currently accessing them
- researching how these young people can best be supported to engage with youth activities, and what kind of activities they are interested in
- trying out activities that engage young people who are not accessing mentoring, personalised support or other youth activities
- reflecting and analysing how effective the approach was and how it could be adapted or developed
- making recommendations about future approaches and activities that could be used
The maximum budget available for this programme is £120,000. It is expected that 30-45% of the overall budget will be used for the management of the programme and support provided and that 55-70% of the budget will be reserved for the grants
- Deadline for applications: Tuesday 20 July 2021
- Programme span: 18 months: September 2021 – March 2023
Find out more and apply
- Read through the specification here Document 2. Specification
- Book onto an online information session on Monday 12 July from 2.30-4 pm with young people who developed the tender by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and stating ‘Please book me onto the YLRE Info Session’.
- Complete your application online here by Tues 20 July 2021. You can ask questions through this portal – deadline for clarification questions 16 July 2021. If you have any problems getting onto the portal contact: +44 330 005 0352 ProContractSuppliers@proactis.com
Not for you?
If you are not interested in managing this programme, but would potentially be interested in supporting a group of young people to apply for a grant once the programme is up and running, contact email@example.com to register your interest.