Protection Approaches have been funded by the Mayor of London to offer free online community building training to staff, volunteers or members of voluntary and community groups across the capital. Protection Approaches is a London-based charity working to prevent prejudice, community divides and identity-based violence such as hate crime.
This free, interactive, expert-led training is aimed at anyone passionate about creating positive change in their communities and will help them to build their knowledge and skills on how to bring people together, tackle injustice, and increase community cohesion. In training sessions of no more than 20 people, it is an opportunity for everyone involved to share best practice and to learn from the experiences of others.
Following the training, every participant will be encouraged and supported to apply what they have learnt to their current projects or to start new initiatives or activities that address what they perceive to be threats to cohesive, inclusive local communities, workplaces, social spaces, or clubs.
The training dates currently available are listed below and can also be found on the sign-up page:
- Daytime sessions 10am-4pm on November 17th and 18th (Tues & Weds)
- Daytime sessions 10am-4pm on November 19th and 20th (Thurs & Fri)
- Daytime sessions 10am-4pm on November 24th & 25th (Tues & Weds)
- Daytime sessions 10am-4pm on November 26th and 27th (Thursday & Friday)
- Evening sessions 5:30-7:30pm December 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th (Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
- Daytime sessions 10am-4pm on December 3rd and 4th (Thurs & Fri)
More December dates will be released soon.