We are very excited to be launching the second round of the Mayor’s ‘Citizen Led Engagement Programme’ today!
The Citizen Led Engagement Programme is led by the Mayor’s Community Engagement team. We are inviting community groups to apply for grant funding to create their own community-led research projects in collaboration with the GLA.
The pilot programme took place between October 2017 – May 2018 and supported six citizen-led inquiry projects. These tailored projects helped us to engage with groups which have historically been less represented at City Hall.
This year, alongside our colleagues in Equality and Fairness and Health teams, we are sponsoring projects which seek to gain insight into a target community who are historically less represented at City Hall, or those communities affected by a specific social or political issue. The insights gained will feed into our core work.
Eight grants of up to £12k are on offer to community groups. Click here for further information on target communities and criteria and to apply.
The Citizen Led Engagement Programme aims to:
• Strengthen connections and engagement with communities whose voice and influence on public policy is under-represented.
• Improve insights into communities who do not currently have a voice in City Hall
• Identify and develop community leaders within community groups and support capacity building within these groups.
• Generate insight which is valued and used to inform policy and practice in City Hall.
• Build on the learnings from the pilot round of Citizen Led Programme, as a way of engaging communities and groups in the work of the GLA.
How to apply
There are a number of stages to the application process:
1) Sign up to attend an information session
2) Submit your application form and supporting documents by 12:00 noon on Monday 4 March 2019.
3) Organisations will be shortlisted based on their evidence submitted and invited to interview at City Hall on either Friday 8 March or Monday 11 March 2019.
4) First grant payment will be awarded in late March 2019.
The Community Engagement team is inviting interested groups to sign up to attend an information session to find out more about the programme.
Dates are listed below. Sign up to one of the sessions by clicking on the dates below:
Date Time Location
11 February 2019 10am – 12pm Selby Trust, Selby Road, Tottenham, N17 8JL
13 February 2019 2 – 4pm Paddington Arts Trust, 32 Woodfield Road, W9 2BE
18 February 2019 6 – 8pm Toynbee Hall, 52 Old Castle Street, E1 7AJ
19 February 2019 12 – 2pm Irish Cultural Centre, Hammersmith, W6 9DT
22 February 2019 4 – 6pm City Hall, Queens Walk, SE11 2AA
Further information on the fund is detailed in the prospectus and application, please visit https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/funding/citizen-led-engagement-programme
You can also contact the Community Engagement team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Tips for Grant Funding Applications& Project Planning and Impact Measurement -Free webinars: London Sport Consultancy
Top Tips for Grant Funding Applications – Tuesday 22 February 2022, 10-11.30am The do’s and don’ts of grant application writing Consulting with the target audience and external partners – who to engage? Why? How? Framing your case for support and structuring clear,...