Those working with children and young people must attend training in order to have a good understanding of the risks to children, and what to do when concerned.
Ealing and Hounslow CVS Safeguarding Support
All staff and volunteers are required to develop and maintain good safeguarding skills and knowledge, whether new in post or as a refresher. This is achieved through attendance of safeguarding training.
FREE Safeguarding Training courses
We provide free, in-house and certified Introduction to Safeguarding Children sessions , which can be arranged at a time and venue convenient for you and your staff or volunteers.
The in-house training is available to voluntary, community and faith groups/organisations who work or come into contact with children, young people and families in the Ealing borough only.
Please note the minimum number of participants needed for in-house training is eight.
We also run regular open access courses plus a variety of other safeguarding related courses for organisations who may require alternative training arrangements. To discuss your individual needs please contact:
Safeguarding Lead on Parule@ehscvs.org.uk or 075381 55535
Ealing Safeguarding Children Board (ESCB)
The ESCB is made up of multi-agency representatives and aims to ensure that there are adequate arrangements in place across agencies to protect children from harm.
The ESCB also runs a training programme of different safeguarding workshops, which is certified and free for staff and volunteers from the voluntary and community sector organisations.
For more information or support booking onto a course, contact the Safeguarding Lead – Parule@ehcvs.org.uk or 075381 55535 or the ESCB Training Team on ESCBtraining@ealing.gov.uk or 0208 825 9892.
FREE Online Training
- Introduction to Prevent (strategy to safeguard people and communities from the threat of terrorism) developed by the Home Office
- Awareness of Forced Marriage developed by the Forced Marriage Unit of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Home Office.
- Female Genital Mutilation: Recognising and Preventing FGM developed by the Home Office.
- Keep Them Safe: Protecting Children from Child Sexual Exploitation developed by PACE (Parents against child sexual exploitation).
- Young Carers e-learning module has been developed by the Department of Health, Department for Education, and the National Young Carers Coalition.
- Disability Matters provide free e-learning courses on issues related to children and young people with disabilities.
- Creating an Attitude of Inclusion (Disability awareness) is a free online course within the KIDS e-learning zone.
- The Anti-bullying Alliance provide free online training on bullying.
- Awareness of Type 1 Diabetes developed by Virtual College and JDRF (the type 1 diabetes charity).
The Education & Training Foundation provide free e-learning courses on:
- Prevent (preventing children/young people being drawn to terrorism
- Leadership, management and governance
- Teaching and learning
- Maths and English
- Equality and diversity
The Gender Identity Research and Education Society (GIRES) provide free e-learning around raising awareness of trans and gender non-conforming people, including those who are non-binary and non-gender.