Covid-19 Vaccination Hub Marshall (NEW COVID MARSHALS NEEDED IN HOUNSLOW)
Please be aware that volunteers must be mobile (this role requires being on your feet for a period of time) and not in a clinically vulnerable group. Due to the nature of the role we need to limit the age from 18+ to 70 and under.
Could you help in the effort in Hounslow to save lives from Coronavirus as a Covid Vaccination Marshall?
We are continuing vaccinating residents in Hounslow against COVID-19. To vaccinate residents quickly we need volunteers to support our vaccination hubs. There are currently opportunities available in Chiswick, Hounslow, Isleworth and Feltham.
As a Covid Vaccination Marshall your key tasks may include:
- Welcoming people into the pop-up vaccination centre (both inside and outside roles depending on the layout of the vaccination centre). These will be in and around the Borough of Hounslow.
- Ensuring that citizens respect guidelines regarding social distancing as far as is possible onsite.
- Requesting citizens to utilise hand sanitiser provided on entrance to the Pods.
- Supervising the waiting areas and invite people to progress when appropriate
- Alerting people waiting to be vaccinated that it is their turn and direct them to the pods.
- Once people have been vaccinated and finished waiting during the resting period, asking them to leave when appropriate.
- Managing the flow of people throughout the building.
- Ensuring that social distancing is maintained and remind people in a positive, friendly way.
- Follow all instructions and raise any issues promptly.
- Cleaning down pods after usage.
- Providing patients with leaflets etc
- Follow instructions from clinicians
Volunteers will assist with marshalling patients, organising parking and performing simple tasks. This is not a clinical role. If you have clinical experience, contact HOUCCG.email@example.com to discuss volunteering as a vaccinator.
What skills do I need?
Excellent verbal English is necessary and the ability to speak a community language would be beneficial
Friendly and personable manner
You need to be mobile as the role requires standing on your feet for a period of time.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
Fully risk assessed. Volunteers will receive a lateral flow test to check for symptoms of COVID-19 before their shift. Volunteering will involve attending on site at a vaccination hub and you should be prepared to comply with the usual government guidance including wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing. You must not be from a clinically extremely vulnerable group and you must be sufficiently mobile to be on your feet for the duration of your volunteering shift if required. Please arrive 30 minutes before your shift time to take this test.
- Ongoing support
The role is supervised
- Training provided
All volunteers will be trained on site by a member of CCG staff.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/01/2021
End Date: 30/06/2021
Different hubs have different shift availabilities. please indicate on your application whether you would like to volunteer in Chiswick, Hounslow, Isleworth or Feltham and which days and shift/s you would prefer from the following: 8am - 12midday / 8am - 2pm / 12 midday - 4pm / 2pm - 8pm / 4pm - 8pm
This opportunity has no specific location.
Heston West Big Local
Ada Lovelace CofE High School
The Musical Museum
Chiswick House & Gardens Trust