Covid Community Champion - Hounslow
COVID-19 Community Champions are residents across the borough of
Hounslow who want to help their community to stay safe. You might be the person
that everyone knows and trusts. You might be someone who wants to
help in whatever way you can- even if this is your first time. The role is simple. We provide you with up to date information on the situation in
Hounslow and ask that you share this information with your network. If your friends,
family or community have any questions or feedback, you communicate this back
to us so we can collectively help to keep Hounslow safe. This helps to ensure
everyone in Hounslow gets the information they need to stay safe.
What does this involve:
- You sign up to be a Champion.
- We give Champions the latest information about coronavirus via emails.
- Champions share this information with anyone in their community, however they want. It could be with your friends, colleagues or a community group via newsletters, word of mouth or even a WhatsApp group.
- Champions let us know what is and isn’t working. They also help us dispel myths or concerns.
Together we can make sure that everyone in Hounslow has the information they need to stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your part in making this happen. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What skills do I need?
We are looking for individuals or groups to spread health messages about Covid-19. We welcome anyone and everyone to join. You might be the person knows everyone or you might just want to help out by sharing messages with your friend. It’s great if you:
- have an understanding of the local community
- have access to informal communication networks
- speak community languages
Hounslow Council Public Health Team
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Health and Social Care
- Health Messages
- No specific interest
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Social Media
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/08/2020
End Date: 26/08/2022
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Team Up for social mobility
Children's Book Project