Learn Hounslow has announced an Open-Day event on Wednesday 21 July from 12.00pm to 8.00pm. Their brand-new building, located at their Meadowbank Centre in Cranford, will be used for the first time to exhibit an exciting number of new features and amazing courses that our residents can take advantage of.
Cllr Tom Bruce Cabinet Member for Education, Children and Youth Services said: “Learn Hounslow’s new centre at Meadowbank is a great place to learn, gain skills and build knowledge and confidence. The open-day is a great opportunity to find out about and experience local educational opportunities and facilities for adults.”
Learn Hounslow will be showcasing:
- An outdoor market which will sell the work of participants who recently took part in the Designed and Made in Hounslow programme.
- How you can attain qualifications with Learn Hounslow, to advance your career prospects and reskill/upskill to land a role in your chosen industry.
- A range of new entitlements being offered for free for all residents regardless of financial circumstances, such as: Functional Skills and GCSE Qualifications in English and Maths, Essential Digital Skills Qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1, Qualifications which support the SEND Workforce (Special educational needs and disability) and Level 3 courses which are part of the National Skills Fund offer.
- An exhibition providing a chance to see the work being done by the learners across the different courses Learn Hounslow provides.
- Learn Hounslow will also be running courses for anyone wanting to pick up a new hobby.
To find out more call 020 8583 6000 or visit the Learn Hounslow website www.hace.ac.uk