Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Salary: £26,706 OLW allowance (Pro rata)
Hours: 15 hours per week
Line Managed by: Ealing CVS Chief Executive
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and recording supplier invoices, checking for accuracy and processing them within the accountancy system
- To be responsible for the control of petty cash, ensure that all receipts are signed and authorised and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Verifying, checking expenses claim forms and processing within the designated timescale.
- To raise and record invoices and process within the accountancy system
- To monitor and record the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure the accountancy system is accurate and updated.
- To assist with payments and bank reconciliation tasks.
- To monitor and update excel financial spreadsheets
- To assist the Chief Executive with the payroll function
- To liaise with the designated accountant to ensure that all paperwork is delivered and collected as required.
- To establish and maintain a systematic financial filing system which is GDPR compliant.
- To assist the Chief Executive with any other financial duties as required.
- To assist the Chief Executive in the preparation of HR paperwork and ensure that employee files are accurate and secure.
- To assist the Chief Executive with updating and reviewing staff policies and procedures.
- To prepare, collate and monitor staff timesheets and ensure that they are submitted within the designated timescale.
- To manage the office stationery provision, maintain stocks and orders and maintain the assets register to ensure that all new equipment is listed if relevant.
- To assist the Chief Executive and Senior Management with any other administration duties as required.
- To work with colleagues to review and routinely maintain records on the ECVS Salesforce database (with training if needed)
- To work with colleagues to review and routinely maintain the charity website.
- To ensure Equal Opportunities and all other Ealing CVS organisational policies and procedures are actively implemented and adhered to in all areas of work
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and comply with General Data Protection Regulations and guidelines
- To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction
- To take part as needed and contribute in wider ECVS team meetings and activities.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
· The post holder will be line managed by the Chief Executive. The post holder will participate in regular supervisions with their Line Manager
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The post holder will be employed for 15 hours per week. The post is offered at a salary of £tba pro-rata
Full time employees are entitled to take 28 days paid leave [5.6 weeks] annually inclusive of 3 of the public holidays. You will be entitled to take any additional public holidays with full pay.
An employee who works part time is entitled to pro-rata paid leave for public holidays.
Provisions relating to public holidays for staff are contained within the Leave, TOIL and Flexible
Working Policy. The Annual Leave year runs from 1st April to 31st March for all employees.
A flexible hours’ scheme will operate (subject to the demands of the service) and the post holder will be expected to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Time off in lieu will be offered for any additional hours worked.
Experience of bookkeeping, finance and basic accountancy practices.
- Excellent IT skills including using databases and Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good administration and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective oral and written English skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of scheduling meetings and taking minutes if required.
- Experience of maintaining a filing system, both online and paper versions.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to manage workloads and competing demands and have a flexible approach to prioritising and executing duties
- Experience of working with the voluntary and community sector
- Experience of working with the statutory sector; local authority and NHS
- Self-motivated, proactive and innovative approach
- Willingness to engage in training and development opportunities
- To enjoy working as part of a small team and at ease in communicating with colleagues and third parties via email.