Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Expected duration: 24 Months
Closing date: 24/07/2023
Annual wage: £9,609.60 to £18,964.40
We are looking for an Apprentice to work with our Estate Gardeners to carry out a broad range of gardening activities around the historic 65-acre grounds. The role will also help with preparing for and guiding our volunteers, so will require communication skills. Constructing and maintaining gardens, parks, greenspaces and other horticultural areas.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The day starts with a team briefing to confirm the day’s activities – these are dependent on the season;
Autumn/Winter more focused on:
- Rose-pruning and maintenance of the wider estate: coppicing, hedge maintenance, invasive weed clearance in the Wilderness areas
Spring/Summer more focused on:
- Watering in the shrubbery and Italian gardens
- There are a whole variety of other tasks all year round – there’s a lot to do.
Volunteers generally join us three mornings per week.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Horticulture or Landscape Construction Operative Level 2
- One day a week at college
- Functional Skills English and maths level 1
- Emergency first aid at work
- Level 2 award in the safe use of pesticides PA1
For more information click here