Applications are now open for round two of the Mayor of London’s Greener City Fund Community Green Space Grants, for projects taking place between January 2019 and January 2020. Applications close at 5pm on Monday 1 October 2018.
Funding between £5,000 and £50,000 is available for projects that create or improve green spaces and improve Londoners’ access to nature. Applications are open to boroughs, charities, community groups, housing associations, businesses and schools.
£1.1m is available in total, and this year £300,000 is reserved for school greening projects that tackle air pollution in schools.
The sort of activities the grants will support include:
- Creating a community garden, especially for and with hard to reach groups
- Improving parks and other green spaces for people and wildlife
- Installing green sustainable drainage features, such as rain gardens
- Creating connections between areas or green and enhancing active travel routes
- Improving an area for wildlife
- Creating natural play space for children
- Restoring rivers and other waterways
- Creating pocket parks in urban areas
For more information and to apply: