Tuesday, 4 February 2020 9:30 – 16:30
Women and Girls Network has developed this short course aimed at Practitioners who are working directly with or are responsible for the safeguarding of young people in the Borough of Hounslow.
Our course has been designed to focus specifically on working with girls and young women.
The day course will support you with the following:
- Defining what Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) is
- Exploring attitudes regarding CSE whilst challenging myths and stereotypes
- Understanding risk and vulnerability factors
- Recognising indicators and signs of risk or involvement in CSE
- Providing an insight into grooming techniques and profiles of perpetrators
- Understanding trauma responses from a neuroscience perspective
- Exploring the impact of the work on self through vicarious trauma
Who is this training for?
These courses have been developed for front-line staff, working directly with Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) within London organisations. Please note due to funding requirements, this one day free course is only available to practitioners who are working directly with or are responsible for the safeguarding of young people in the Borough of Hounslow.
Due to the level of demand for WGN training, and to ensure that as many organisations as possible are able to benefit from accessing training, we cannot accept more than 2 applicants from any one organisation for each course. It is usually not possible to offer individual delegates a place on more than one training course within the same academic year.
To register for the training click here