COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER FOR BEDFONT, FELTHAM AND HANWORTH
LOCATION: The Southville Community Centre
ACCOUNTABLE TO: CEO
HOURS: 35 Hours per week
DAYS: Monday – Friday
(will include some possible evening and weekend commitments included in the weekly hours)
SALARY: £33K PA (+ Travel expenses)
This is a position for a 5 year period funded by Reaching Communities, The Big Lottery and will cover all adult ages not specifically those aged 60+
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Age UK Hounslow is passionate about making a real difference to people in the London Borough of Hounslow. It is therefore committed to ensuring the organization is focused to deliver services and improvements that respond to the needs and aspirations of their local people.
Age UK Hounslow therefore expects all employees to understand and to pursue this aim by working together to build and maintain an organisation that provides real value for money, is performance driven and ambitious
· To represent and be an ambassador for the organization and its mission; actively promoting the aims and objectives of the charity.
· Promote the work performed by Age UK Hounslow (AUKH)
· To work predominantly but not exclusively within the geographical areas of Bedfont, Feltham and Hanworth.
· Initially to receive and understand current information retained by AUKH
· Outreach work is predominantly to gain knowledge, understand needs and identify possible solutions to meeting those needs and build on our existing groundworks.
· Must have excellent Excel knowledge and good all round IT skills to be able to produce analysis work.
· Car driver required. Travel expenses to be paid in line with HMRC guidelines.
· Good knowledge of the areas of Bedfont, Feltham and Hanworth
1. To engage within Bedfont, Feltham and Hanworth geographical areas engaging with members and residents to identify their needs.
2. Prepare Questionnaires for residents to obtain further information of needs, maintain a database of responses and analyse future work on the basis of information received.
3. Engage with our stakeholders and other organisations, attend meetings (virtual or in person), focus groups and workshops to identify what support they can provide to residents, meet with these to understand the work they are performing. Identify growth and partnership possibilities
4. Assist with ensuring that The Southville Community Centre is maximized for hired space
5. Assist to help increase membership of external groups that are supported by AUKH.
6. Engage with the local Clinical Commissioning Group and individual GP Surgeries to see how we can support residents more e.g support membership of Patient Participation Groups at a grass root level.
7. Link Workers – ensure good engagements and aim to increase engagements – this is a priority especially the promotion of specialist support they offer e.g domestic violence
8. Set up external hubs within the geographical areas. These are to be researched but ideally will include: 1) Bedfont – especially West of A315 (Staines Rd) 2) Feltham 3) Hanworth x 2 (East and West of A316)
9. Work with Disability Community Forum for residents in the defined geographical areas.
10. Engage on Dementia development with other organisations within the local area.
11. Signposting people in Bedfont, Feltham and Hanworth areas to appropriate services via other members of AUKH Team
12. Set up a Local User Group
13. Organise social engagement events at SCC in conjunction with the Activities and Services Manager of The Southville Centre to invite members to attend – share info, identify needs and increase numbers.
14. Engage with the local Clinical Commissioning Group and individual GP Surgeries to see how we can support residents more.
15. Corporate Companies – links already in place for many – To engage and grow these further for the benefit of the residents and the organization
16. Engage with relevant members of the London Borough of Hounslow Council to identify ways in which AUKH can support the councils drive to alleviate loneliness and social isolation.
17. Promote Age UK Hounslow Volunteering encouraging volunteers generally across all areas (e.g membership of PPG’s)
Application Form available via our website www.ageuk.org.uk/hounslow From the Southville Community Centre, Southville Road, Bedfont, Middx TW14 8AP or via email to Beverley Fyfe CEO – Beverley.firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s are also accepted in addition to the Application Form.
Closing Date for applications: 5.00 p.m. Friday 22nd October 2021