Funded by Ealing Council, and coordinated by EHCVS, ActForEaling is the borough’s newest climate action hub. Set up in the Summer of 2020, it was agreed that collaboration and community ownership of climate action was the only way to realise the council’s climate strategy to achieve net zero by 2030. ActForEaling is connecting existing climate action taking place in Ealing to ensure a more effective to the climate emergency and encouraging more Ealing residents to get involved and #ActForEaling.
ActForEaling’s main aims are to:
- To support, mentor and inspire individuals and organisations to contribute to a climate positive future;
- To promote engagement and activity to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2030 and restore nature in the borough;
- To act as a central hub and resource for the people of Ealing to exchange ideas, experience and skills.
We have been busy building up our website to be the central hub for Ealing residents to find out how the can #ActForEaling and get involved in local climate action.
If you want to be contacted and kept up to date with all relevant local climate action news, click here to sign up to our e-newsletter.
Take a look at some of the work we have done so far:
- Inaugural photography competition
- Represented Ealing at the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow
- Community paint-along mural in Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre (video below)